Graham talks to Beat Buhlmann, General Manager of Evernote in Europe, the Middle East and Asia. Evernote has more than 200 million users worldwide, and employs around 350 people. They discuss virtual teams, collaboration, digital communication hygiene and the power of small wins.
Tip from Beat: When writing a difficult email, leave the email address until the very end, so you don't send it by accident or in frustration.
Beat Buhlmann's "triple overload" (data, communication and cognitive), in numbers:
- The data we produce doubles every 14 months
- The average knowledge worker spends 2 hours a day searching for information
- A knowledge worker spends, on average, 80% of time in the inbox
- Every 3-5 minutes, an average knowledge worker gets interrupted
- It takes 10-15 minutes to get attention back after being interrupted
How to be a Productivity Ninja: Graham's book
This podcast is produced by Bloomsbury Digital.
With Evernote Business, you can collect and share all your team's work in one place so you can organize, focus, and achieve more, together.
BetterWorks makes it easy for both managers and employees to set goals and give ongoing feedback with our Continuous Performance Management™ software.